Notice: Undefined index: muted in /home/pixcelfact/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/function-set-avia-frontend.php on line 613
A Complete Home Comfort System That Comes in Many Degrees
An excellent choice for room additions where extending or installing distribution ductwork is not feasible, and very efficient new homes that require only a small space conditioning system. The multi unit heat pumps are very desirable choice for commercial heating and cooling systems due to their flexibility and efficiency ratings.
How does mini split heat pump work?Like standard air-to-air heat pumps, mini splits have two main components:
- an outdoor compressor/condenser
- and an indoor air-handling unit (normally wall hanged in residential applications)
A conduit, which houses the power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and condensate drain, links the outdoor and indoor units through a very small (roughly about 3″) hole between the outside wall.
Keep in mind when considering a ductless heat pump or ductless cooling only, it must be correctly sized and locate the best possible location for its installation as an oversized or incorrectly located unit can result in short cycling, which waste energy and does not provide proper temperature or humidity control.
Meaning too large a system is more costly to obtain and operate.
Mini Split Heat Pump Advantages
In comparison to other add-on heating or cooling systems, mini splits offer many advantages as follows:
- Mini splits have no ducts – ducts losses more than 30% of energy consumption for space conditioning.
- Interior design flexibility – can be suspended from a ceiling, mounted flush into a drop ceiling, or hung on a wall. (Floor-Standing models are also available)
- Sleek design – most indoor units are about seven inches deep with high-tech looking jackets.
- Programmable Remote Thermostat – individual remote for each unit makes a convenient choice where required.
- Safer systems for households – in comparison to window-mounted room air conditioners which provide easy access for intruders.
Tips on Mini Split Systems
. A ductless mini-split heat pump may be a cost-effective, energy-efficient choice, when you are building an addition or remodeling your home which does not have heating and cooling ducts.
. Unlike earlier versions — newer models of ductless mini split heat pumps operate effectively in cold tempretures in the Ottawa valley area.
Impressive Climate Control offers authorized HVAC technicians in ductless heat pump units. Our highly qualified technicians have gone through extensive training programs directly with the manufacturer’s such as Mr. Slim by Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Trane and much more, and they can provide you good insights about duct-free heat pump systems of your choice.
Go ahead and go ductless today.