Navien Condensing Gas Combination Boiler NCB-240
- Super condensing efficiency
- Dual stainless steel heat exchangers
- SCH40, 2” PVC venting up to 60’
- ½” Gas pipe up to 24’
- Automatic water filling system
- integrated controls
Ultra Condensing Efficiency
- Navien’s Condensing Technology offers the high efficiency.
- Money and energy savings over tank type water heaters and traditional water heaters.
Two Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers
- Provides longer life expectancy as they are highly resistant to corrosion and erosion compared to copper heat exchangers.
- Reduces minerals deposits.
Low NOx Emissions (≤ 20ppm)
- New metal fiber burner is designed to deliver a consistent air/gas mixture improving combustion efficiency.
- Result in less acid rain and less green house effect.
- Comply with SCAQMD 1146.2 strict NOx emissions standard.
2” PVC, CPVC, Polyprophylene Venting Up To 60’
- 2” venting option allows for a flue to be pulled through the existing vent.
- 3” vents can be used up to 150’ with standard 2” x 3” adapters.
Utilizes Existing 1/2″ Gas Line
- The negative pressure gas valve and fan with dual venturi operation allows for better adaptability to low gas pressure applications.
- Makes it possible for the NPE to be installed ½” gas lines up to 24’.
- NCB models allow for easy convertibility from NG to LP.
Where Technology Meets Ecology, Combination Boiler
- The ideal solution for customers who need both domestic hot water and a space heating application.
- Heats water when needed, making it environmentally sound as well as cost efficient.
Hydronic Heating Benefits
- Clean: little chance to cause dust or lower humidity because there is no air movement.
- Silent: offers silent heating because no blowers are needed for forced circulation.
- Comfort: keeps floors warm but indoor air fresh, making people feel warm and comfortable.
- Coverage: radiant heat makes heating from floor to ceiling possible.
- Economical: radiant heat in the floors can transmit warmth throughout the house hours after turning off the heater.
Automatic Water Filling System
- Automatically fills water into space heating pipes when the unit senses a water shortage.
Powerful Anti-Freeze Feature
- The Combi’s built-in Control System is designed to keep the unit’s plumbing frost free in winter conditions.
Data Field NCB-240 Gas Input Space Heating 18,000-120,000 BTU/H Domestic Hot Water 18,000-199,900 BTU/H Flow Rate (DHW) 77°F (43°C) Temp Rise 4.5 GPM (17.0 L/m) Dimensions 17″(W) x 28″(H) x 12″(D) Weight 84 lbs (38kg) Installation Type Indoor Wall-Hung Venting Type Forced Draft Direct Vent Ignition Electronic Ignition Water Pressure (Hydronic/DHW) 12-30 PSI / 15-150 PSI Natural Gas Supply Pressure (from source) 3.5″-10.5″ WC Propane Gas Supply Pressure (from source) 8.0″-13.5″ WC Natural Gas Manifold Pressure (min to max) -0.06″ WC to -1.2″ WC Propane Gas Manifold Pressure (min to max) -0.03″ WC to -0.98″ WC Minimum Flow Rate (DHW) 0.5 GPM (1.9 L/m) Connection Sizes Heating Supply/Return 1″ NPT DHW Inlet/Outlet 3/4″ NPT Gas Inlet 3/4″ NPT Auto Feeder 1/2″ NPT Condensate Outlet 1/2″ NPT Power Supply Main Supply 120V AC, 60Hz Maximum Power Consumption 200W (up to 2 amperes) Materials Casing Cold Rolled Carbon Steel Heat Exchangers Primary/Secondary Heat Exchanger: Stainless Steel DHW Heat Exchanger: Stainless Steel Venting Exhaust 2” or 3″ PVC, CPVC, Polypropylene 2” or 3″ Special Gas Vent Type BH (Class II, A/B/C) Intake 2” or 3″ PVC, CPVC, Polypropylene 2” or 3″ Special Gas Vent Type BH (Class II, A/B/C) Vent Clearances 0″ to Combustibles Safety Devices Flame Rod, APS, Gas Valve Operation Detector, Ignition Operation Detector, Water Temperature High Limit Switch, Exhaust Temperature High Limit Sensor