Tankless Water Heater Ottawa
Get an endless supply of hot water for less
Also called on-demand water heaters, use the latest on demand technology to provide an endless supply of hot water. Heating water only when it’s needed provides energy savings not found with conventional storage water heaters (storage tanks). Also available in combination boiler, which can provide both hot water as well as main source of heat for residential and commercial HVAC applications.
At Impressive we carry many different brand names such as Navien, Rinnai, Bosch, Noritz, Rheem, and other brands, with the Navien’s 98% efficiency being among the most energy efficient tankless water heaters in the industry.
Our energy saving advisers will educate you based on your hot water demand.
Whether you are deciding on purchasing or renting a tankless system from Impressive, here are just some of the benefits why you should buy a Tankless versus storage tank:
- Health Fact – A tankless water heater heats up the water on demand versus a hot water storage tank that instantly keeps the water warm inside a tank leaving a great place for water based bacteria to grow as the water sits there for hours while hot water is not being used inside a household.
- Energy Savings – From heating water only when you need it. You can reduce your hot water heating costs by approximately 30%. Please note: approximately 20% of your total heating costs are from your water heater.
- Convenience – Provides over 12 gallons per minute with no recovery time.
- Comfort – Continuous supply of hot water throughout your home. Tankless water heaters heat water on demand so you’re not limited by a fixed pre-heated supply as with a conventional tank.
- Safety – Many Tankless systems are equipped with safety features to prevent hazardous CO poisoning from gas leaks.
- Flexibility – can be placed in virtually any room, and not taking up any floor space versus traditional storage tanks which can take up to 16 sq. ft. of floor space.
The second you turn on the water tab the tankless system receives the signal to heat up the water as it flows through, supplying you with endless hot water. Conventional tank-type water heaters eventually run out of hot water when you take multiple draws in a row from the tank. For example when you are doing your laundry and dishes and someone else is taking a shower, they might end up getting cold water before they are done.
Since, condensing tankless water heaters only provide hot water when you need it and can provide an endless supply of hot water, you never have to worry about running out of hot water no matter how many hot water draws you have in a row.
To help explain “condensing technology,” just imagine a cold glass of ice water with condensation surrounding the glass. This condensation is created inside the heat exchanger of the tankless system from the incoming cold water cooling the hot gases inside the unit. Than, the heat exchanger traps this condensation and uses it over and over, making the entire process highly efficient, in comparison to conventional tanks where this condensation (or vapours & gasses) would escape through the vents.